Pest Free® provides custom attention and care to ensure that your musty crawl space is transformed into a clean, dry, and energy-efficient space. Please call today for your free customized estimate.
Most homeowners aren’t happy with their crawl space environment.
Many crawlspaces flood, and they’re filled with debris. In extreme cases, there can be rotting structures with rodents, animals, and other pests living within.
Symptoms of a Crawl Space Problem
- Drywall Cracks in the Interior
- Uneven Floors
- Foul Odors in the Home
- Heightened Allergies or Asthma Symptoms
- If you’re having a problem with your crawl space, you’ve come to the right place. At PestFree™, we specialize in crawl space problems of all types. Whatever your issue, we have the products and experience you need to find the best solution.
- Clean Up and Removal of Existing Insulation in your crawl space
- Air seal penetrations from crawl space to the interior of the air space
- Install form free insulation into floor cavity
- Install 6mil black plastic to crawl space floor to stop moisture releasing from the earth
- Wrap hot and cold water pipes to R11 unfaced
Removing and Cleaning Up Insulation from Your Crawl Space
- Removing insulation from your crawl space to install new energy efficient insulation is a time consuming process and must be done properly so we have outlined some of the process below. Keep in mind that every situation is unique which is why you should consider hiring a certified professional insulation contractor.
We continue the “clean out” by spraying the crawl space with a bacteria-enzyme odor control product or even sanitizing the area, if requested. When the animal or rodent was living within your crawl space, they most likely left urine & feces so the spraying is recommended to help break down the odor that occurs. We use multi-purpose sanitizing & odor control sprays to kill bacteria, eliminate organic odors, germs, fungi, mildew, etc.
- Not only can insulation in a crawl space become less energy efficient with time, it can also become infested with pests that require trained professionals to safely and efficiently remove contaminated insulation. We work directly to eliminate any current problems and future pest control issues. This process includes exclusion which helps remove the chance that future pests will invade your home or business crawl space.
- Exclusion of a crawl space is a very important step in making sure your crawl space is properly insulated and avoid any future infestations of pest such as rodents, racoons, and squirrels. In fact, it is so specialized that we have employees who specialize in exclusion processes! Exclusion requires a variety of techniques & materials, each of which is unique to the project.
Some of the more common exclusion types are as follows:
- Find and fix all observed access holes
- Fix vent screens
- Fix and or replace crawl space doors and wells
- Fix construction flaws in the rim joists and foundation
- Seal gaps around pipes exiting
- And many more…
- While we do often find the same problems with rodents and moisture in attics as we do in crawlspaces, attics seem to be the homes #1 culprit when it comes to the lack of insulation and outdated materials. The attic is the most critical space in your home to have properly insulated due to that fact that heat rises.
- We have the specialized equipment, such as vacuum systems, to clean out your old inefficient or damaged insulation. Whether it is an aged insulation product or it has been damaged by rodents, vermin or birds we’re prepared to cleanup any mess we find in your attic.